Sunday, April 5, 2009

Trip to Phoenix Zoo



Neil and I decided to take a trip to the Phoenix Zoo for our Valentine's date. This trip truly inspired me to get back to photography. Here are some photos of the day.





The Reticulated Giraffe was fun a fun creature to observe and I loved the desert landscape in the background



The Squirrel Monkey were the most interactive part of the visit. It was fun to watch them climb around from branch to branch.



The Chilean Flamingo are beautiful and for some reason always make me think of Florida.



The Sumatran Tiger was under some tight security for that reason I had to work for this photo. I did not want the feeling of being caged out..so it took me a few moments to place my lens through and an opening in the fence. It was perfect timing to get the Tiger in mid yawn.




The Hamadryas Baboon were focused on grooming each other which was also fascinating to watch. They were one of the few animals that would make direct eye contact with you.


The Zebra is my favorite animal because it is unique and fun.



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful shot Liz. Looks like a very nice zoo. Keep up the shooting.

    ReplyDelete